KAGS cares about the health of our children, as well as the well-being of our society. Therefore, we have endeavoured to ensure that our light-weighted and spine-protecting school bags are good for children as well as being able to benefit the needy ones in the society.
KAGS has always tried our very best to avoid using toxic materials that may harm kids health, such as PVC. According to the Center for Health, Environment & Justice, PVC is the most toxic plastic for our health and environment. No other plastic contains or releases as many dangerous chemicals. These include dioxins, phthalates, vinyl chloride, ethylene dichloride, lead, cadmium, and organotins. There’s no safe way to manufacture, use or dispose of PVC products. Children’s developing brains and bodies, their metabolism and behaviors make them uniquely vulnerable to harm from toxic chemicals such as those released by the PVC lifecycle. Unfortunately, we still often see school bags having it as the main material in the market while they are low cost and function as a very sturdy material.
Since we first launched in 2017, we have contributed our school bags to students in need through their schools and non-profit organisations. We are motivated to learn that our school bags didn’t only bring them better spinal health, but also motivation and passion to go to school and learn.
Moving forward, we pledge to continue helping those much needed in Hong Kong through more channels.
KAGS values greatly the partnerships it shares with several schools and charity organisations. These partners support our community greatly and we in turn support them.
- Po Leung Kuk - 66 Leighton Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
- Evangel Children’s Home - 120 Shatin Pass Road, Wong Tai SIn, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- Man Kiu Association Primary School - On Shin Road, Ngau Tau Kok, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- HHCKLA Buddhist Chan Shi Wan Primary School - Choi Yuen Estate, Skek Wu Hui, Sheung Shui, N.T., Hong Kong
- Baptist Rainbow Primary School - Chuk Yuen Shouth Estate, Wong Tai Sin, Kowloon, Hong Kong